Day 40 | We Made It!
This is it – the last day of our Negativity Fast and Positivity Feast. What a joy it has been. So what now? Should we go back to negativity? Ha ha. Let's just laugh at that.
We bless you in the days ahead. Here are a couple of ways to stay in touch with our message of hope and joy: 1) Check out our daily Igniting Hope Ministries Facebook posts, and 2) Sign up for our monthly newsletter on this website. 3) Stay tuned for a few follow-up emails in the next week.
As a last encouragement on this fast, let's laugh at a lie from Let's Just Laugh At That, below. Blessings!
LET’S JUST LAUGH AT THIS LIE:
IT’S HOPELESS! HA HA HA!!!
Laughable Assumptions Behind This Lie: This situation is impossible; there are no answers. I am destined for disappointment and unfulfilled promises. My unworthiness and wrong choices block all solutions coming to me. There are no such things as breakthroughs, successes or “suddenlies.” I was born to fail for such a time as this. If I don’t see God doing anything about this, it means He is not doing anything.
The Truth: Nothing is hopeless because all things are possible with God. 1) God called Abram the “father of a multitude,” though he was 99 and had a barren wife. A year later, Sarah gave birth to Isaac (Genesis 17-21). 2) Joseph was hated by his brothers, thrown into a pit, sold into slavery, accused of rape, and sentenced to prison; yet he remained faithful and was promoted to the palace (Genesis 37-41). 3) Moses stood with a body of water before him, approaching enemies behind him, and complaining Israelites beside him; but he partnered with God to see the waters part and the Israelites experience freedom (Exodus 14). 4) The three Hebrew children miraculously survived the fiery furnace (Daniel 3). 5) Lazarus came to life after being dead four days (John 11).
Strategies for Overcoming This Lie:
1) Take inventory of your hope – Any thought in our mind that is not sparkling with confident hope indicates that it is under the influence of a lie (Romans 15:13). If you feel hopeless, ask the Holy Spirit to expose the lies that are being believed.
2) Capture lies and hopeless thoughts – Every thought that does not align with Christ, we have the authority to capture (2 Corinthians 10:5). What we think, we become (Proverbs 23:7). We can’t afford to think anything that we do not want to become. Replace lies with God’s truth to become free and to release freedom (John 8:32).
3) Believe there is hope for every situation and every person – He who possesses the highest levels of hope will have the highest levels of influence. 1 Corinthians 10:13 reveals that God has “the way” (hope) and an answer for every situation.
Declarations to Renew Your Mind: Nothing is impossible with God. The Holy Spirit lives inside of me, and He says nothing is hopeless. All things work together for my good. My heart and mind are glistening with confident hope, joy and expectation.
Blessings to you and thanks for joining us! We will never be the same again.
Let's Declare This!
“Christ IS my life and I will appear with Him in glory!”
LET'S DECLARE THIS!
“God gives me the victory through Jesus Christ my Lord!"
(1 Corinthians 15:57)
- Read Today's Devotional in Igniting Faith in 40 Days.
- Steve’s Daily Declarations – Click here for a printable PDF.
- Daily Bible Reading – Click here for Igniting Faith in 40 Days' suggested Bible reading for this day.
- Laugh at a few good lies! – Learn more about laughing at lies here.
HAVE GOOD NEWS OR A QUESTION ABOUT BELIEFS?
Email us at email@example.com to share a testimony from the fast with us, or, if you're in Level 2 or 3, send a question you have for Steve and Wendy to answer each week!
for technical support or other questions.
Abounding in Hope,
The Negativity Fast Team