Day 34 | Expectation
Are we there yet?
Today's devotional is a crucial concept to get into our spirits.
As the Kingdom advances, we will see more blessings manifesting. There will be stronger families, less crime, less accidents, more sound minds, less sickness, etc. We are to believe for and expect these. (By the way, expectancy is another word for faith).
The reality though is that we are progressively advancing to see more and more Kingdom blessings in our midst. We need to understand that we will experience things that are inconsistent with what Jesus won for us on the cross (and what God promised for us).
When things happen to us that are contrary to God's promises, we have a few choices of how we respond:
1) We can believe God never really promised those things and create "doctrines of men", 2) We can go into condemnation about our lack of faith, or 3) We can joyfully press into God more, knowing that we "are not there yet" in our experience, but we are getting closer. This last option is what today's teaching is all about.
Reminder: Our response to something is almost always more important than the something.
LET'S DECLARE THIS!
“I speak God’s word and it does not return to Him void. His word accomplishes what He pleases and it prospers in the thing for which He sends it!”
- Read Today's Devotional in Igniting Faith in 40 Days.
- Steve’s Daily Declarations – Click here for a printable PDF.
- Daily Bible Reading – Click here for Igniting Faith in 40 Days' suggested Bible reading for this day.
- Laugh at a few good lies! – Learn more about laughing at lies here.
HAVE GOOD NEWS OR A QUESTION ABOUT BELIEFS?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share a testimony from the fast with us, or, if you're in Level 2 or 3, send a question you have for Steve and Wendy to answer each week!
for technical support or other questions.
Abounding in Hope,
The Negativity Fast Team