Audio Messages by Steve Backlund
"Can these Bones Live?"
Can a broken person be restored? Can a dysfunctional family become healthy? Can a dying church be revived? Can a demoralized nation be reinvigorated? The answer is YES! The issue is not how dry the bones are, but whether someone has renewed their minds enough to believe that they can live. In this message, Steve Backlund reveals how the powerful force of biblical hope is the key to releasing resurrection life to dead situations.
"Division 1 Christianity"
Winston Churchill said, "Success is moving from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." Those who desire their life and ministry to go to a higher level must refuse to allow the struggle to succeed to squash their enthusiasm for progress and growth. In this message Steve Backlund challenges the listener to become a Divison One Christian who "competes" at the highest level possible in life and ministry. Get ready to be encouraged. Get ready to laugh. Get ready for a new perspective. Get ready to find Jesus like never before.
"Framing Our Future"
For something to happen, there must be something spoken. God "framed" the worlds through words. We are made in his image and we too "frame our future" by the words we speak. Certainly there are many factors besides words that determine victory and lasting influence, but the overcoming Christian cannot ignore that "the power of life and death is in the tongue." This six-part CD series will challenge you to stop cursing your life through words and will ignite you to "give life to dead things" by proactively "calling those things that are not as though they were" (Romans 4:17). Get ready to be challenged and inspired by the teaching of Steve and Wendy Backlund.
- What Does the Bible Say About Words?
- Students of Our Words
- Science, Words and Barrier Breakers
- Proactive Speaking
- Practical Helps
- Promises and Proclamations
"God's Joy Is Our Strength"
Those who want to be strong and have endurance need deep and outrageous joy. Scripture and life experience reveal this to be so. God's joy truly is our strength. A merry heart is like good medicine. In His presence is fullness of joy, and we are to serve the Lord with gladness.
This audio message by Steve Backlund not only reveals the biblical necessity of joy, but it will help ignite your gladness as you listen.
"Relentless Mind Renewal"
The overcoming Christian knows that the real battle against the devil is in his own mind. The enemy's only power over us is when we come into agreement with his lies. Jesus said, "If you abide in My word, you are my disciples indeed and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." (John 8:31,32)
This eight part series, by Steve and Wendy Backlund, is dedicated to those who are tired of old thinking patterns that produce mediocrity, relationship breakdowns, personal failures, poverty, sickness, and chronic hopelessness. You will be given tools to develop a lifestyle of Relentless Mind Renewal. Get ready to go on a journey that will lead to your promised land.
"The Happy Leader"
A pessimistic, chronically unhappy leader cannot succeed. In this series, Pastor Steve Backlund shares principles that will work and also increase your joy level. Get ready to be challenged in your thinking and your priorities.
The people you serve deserve a happy leader!
- CD 1 - The Leader and Hope
- CD 2 - The Leader and Faith
- CD 3 - The Leader and Love
- CD 4 - The Leader and Wisdom
Eight messages designed to radically change how you think, act, and talk. Listen to them again and again to strengthen your faith and to receive all that Jesus offers you.
1. The Sovereignty Error - Find out why many Christians cannot pray with confidence.
2. Faith Makes a Difference - Mark's gospel makes it clear that "our faith" (or our unbelief) tremendously affects the will of God being done.
3. Faith and the Word - To be "skilled in the Word of righteousness" requires us to use the Bible as a sword and shield against the lies of the devil. Victorious people learn to "take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ."
4. Faith's Identity - Who are we? Do we Believe what God says about us, or do we believe another report? Our future depends on having God's identity burned in our hearts and minds.
5. Faith and Words - It is impossible to grow in faith without changing our vocabulary. Truly, life and death is in the power of the tongue.
6. Faith vs. Law and Legalism - What moves the hand of God? Is it my goodness or believing what He has said? The book of Galatians has the answer.
7. Faith's Vision - Where there is no hope for tomorrow, there can be no power for the present. People of faith have a burning vision for the future which empowers them in their daily living.
8. Keeping Faith - This is an exhortation to preserving faith and a caution concerning walking in presumptuous faith.