Speaking to Your Soul
by Wendy Backlund
I am passionate about becoming more aware of the things of the Spirit and recognizing that I am more spirit than flesh. Romans 12:2 says that we are transformed by renewing our minds.
So let’s transform our lives by renewing our minds with who God says we are and what we can do through Him. Our minds have been trained to view life from the perspective of our past and as mere mortals. It is up to us to train our brains to see life from the perspective of the Spirit and view ourselves as resurrected beings.
“How precious is Your loving-kindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.” (Psalm 36:7-9)
Today, we can speak to our soul the following truths:
- Soul, you are beautifully created by God. God loves you and desires peace and joy for you. While emotions and intellect are not my identity, they are created to enhance my relationship with God and others. They can be changed with new beliefs or training and are not stable. Therefore, they are not the real me.
- Soul, you will be happier as you come into unity with the Spirit.
- Soul, today you will believe Psalm 36:7-9.
- God is not trying to kill you but satisfy you and bring you fully alive.
- Now let your spirit speak to your soul. Apologize if you have treated your soul as your enemy. Allow God’s Spirit and yours, which are now one, to soothe your soul.
- Soul, you may trust in God’s goodness and love for you. You may trust that your spirit hears God and unifies your greatest good and perfect expression.
- Soul, you will no longer be punished and imprisoned by the body. You will be joyfully expressive of your new life in Christ. Soul, you will no longer be the judge of my life, circumstance or relationship. You will always ask the Spirit for His perspective. You will no longer make judgments about current events based on past experience.
- Soul, you will be attuned to the Spirit and the power of God. You will rejoice in His salvation. You will make your boast in the Lord.
- Soul, you will be inspired by the Spirit to do things you have never done before. Limitations for creativity and wisdom are lifted. You are free from limitations of the past!
ABOUT WENDY BACKLUND
Wendy Backlund is an author and speaker. She, along with her husband Steve, have a unique ministry that ignites hope, joy, and victorious mindsets into people's lives. Wendy has a passion for setting Christians free from their past and empowering them in their walk with Christ. She is a revelatory speaker, equipping people to see life from a supernatural perspective.