Declarations Raise Expectation for Tomorrow
Read this excerpt from Steve Backlund's book Declarations about raising our expectation for tomorrow.
“But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24:15).
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him” (I Corinthians 2:9).
“One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead” (Philippians 3:13).
- Tomorrow is going to be one of the best days of my life.
- I will wake up with strong faith, strong love, and strong hope in my heart.
- I will exercise, eat right, drink much water, and laugh frequently tomorrow.
- God’s Kingdom will advance everywhere I go and in everything I do.
- I will be extremely effective in my work tomorrow.
- I will have life-changing, secret place times with the Lord tomorrow.
- My past prayers will be working mightily tomorrow in every situation that concerns me.
- Right now, I demolish double-mindedness and a lack of enthusiasm I have about any activity, appointment, or meeting I have tomorrow.
- I will reach forward tomorrow to the things that are ahead of me.
- I will be victorious in everything I face tomorrow.
- I will make great decisions tomorrow in every situation I face.
THE BREAKING OFF OF AGREEMENT WITH THESE COMMON LIES
- I will need to wait until tomorrow to determine how I feel in order for me to know if it is going to be a good day.
- Making declarations today will not affect the quality of my tomorrow.
THE WISDOM TO ADD TO DECLARATIONS
Build faith through very specific declarations — We can release great faith for everything we do tomorrow by declaring over each activity we plan to do. As we make declarations, faith will rise in our hearts toward what you will do. This faith will cause greater impact to occur.
Take time to plan — Five minutes of planning for tomorrow will dramatically increase the likelihood of success for the day. As we plan, we can make sure that we have included in our schedule the activities that really matter and prepare accordingly.
Learn from today — During your planning and declaring for tomorrow, ask God this question: “What did I learn from today that will help me have a better tomorrow?” He loves answering that question!
BIBLICAL REASON #2
Hebrews 11:3 (Declarations frame our future).
by Steve Backlund
“Nothing happens in the Kingdom unless a declaration is made.” Believers everywhere are realizing the power of declarations to empower their lives. You may be wondering “What are declarations and why are people making them?” or maybe, “Aren’t declarations simply a repackaged ‘name it and claim it’ heresy?” Declarations answers these questions by sharing 30 biblical reasons for declaring truth over every area of life. Steve Backlund and his team also answer common objections and concerns to the teaching about declarations. The revelation this book carries will help you to set the direction your life will go. Get ready for 30 days of powerful devotions and declarations that will convince you that life is truly in the power of the tongue.