Lent Negativity Fast & Positivity Feast
LENT DATES FOR 2017: MARCH 1–APRIL 9, 2017
Every year for Lent, Igniting Hope Ministries facilitates a worldwide Negativity Fast. Read below to learn more about negativity fasting. Sign-ups to do this corporately with Igniting Hope begin in January 2017 for the 2017 Lent Season, but you can fast negativity any time of year.
HOW IT WORKS
For the 40-day fast, we send a daily e-mail for subscribers. In 2016, we added additional options including a daily video, access to a beliefs trainer, and additional products. We invite you to join us for Lent, and start fasting negativity now.
What is a Negativity Fast?
It is crucial to not only stop thinking and speaking unbelief and negativity, but more importantly, to grow in thinking and speaking such positives of the Kingdom as:
- The truths of God
- The promises of God
- Praises to God
- Encouragement to others
- Thanksgiving to God and people in your life
The Fast is NOT:
- Denying that problems exist.
- Stuffing things that are wrong.
- Critical of others who may be struggling.
- Irresponsible concerning things that need to be done.
The Fast IS:
- Determining to focus more on God’s promises than on problems.
- Learning to speak with hope about even the toughest of issues.
- Becoming solution focused rather than problem focused.
- Refraining from reacting and giving voice to pessimism, criticism of others, self-criticism and other forms of unbelief.
- Speaking about problems to the right people in the right way.
- Replacing negative words and thoughts with positive words and thoughts based on the promises of God.
Be the first to know!
Sign up for the Igniting Hope Ministries newsletter to be the first to hear about sign-up opportunities for the 2017 Lent Negativity Fast and Positivity Feast.