Hello Mighty Senior Pastors,
I bless you much in this season.
This email update is about our sermons. I believe this is a season of radical increase in the effectiveness of your sermons.
Here are 5 things you should never say in a sermon:
1. "God told me there are 10 people who should give $1000 into my personal ministry today"
2. "Those who disagree with me are controlled by a demonic spirit"
3. "God would never tell you anything unless he told me first"
4. "Listen George, this part of the sermon is something you need to hear"
5. "God spoke this to me while I was watching 'Fifty Shades of Grey"
Two bonus Ones:
1. "I was to busy too prepare a sermon this week, so I am just going to 'wing - it"
2. "I don't believe this scripture is true, I think God exaggerated things to get a point across"
Here are some great links to help you in your sermon prep:
Here are some tips on what makes a good sermon:
- Gives insight, personal revelation, and speaks life
- Creates faith & glad courage to live it out because we experience God's presence as it is preached
- Being authentic, real, and unafraid to tackle hard topics
Blessing & increase over you this season,