Happy New Year from Wendy and I!
Here are six practical steps for how you can take your encouragement for those you lead (especially your leadership team) to another level in 2015.
1. Give specific thanks to people regularly.
2. Take time in every meeting possible to prophesy over one another.
3. Find ways to remember birthdays and other important dates.
4. Intentionally find time to prioritize heart connections.
5. Remind people of their prophetic words.
6. Remember people's negative qualities are usually their positive quality that is "out of whack". Find ways to appreciate the positive of people's negatives :-)
I strongly believe people will rise up to our level of beliefs in them. The most powerful thing I can do as a leader is to believe in those I am leading.
Here are some great supporting biblical verses:
1 Corinthians 13:7
Check out this message I spoke at Bethel on “Being an Encourager, the Greatest Call of All”. The first 30 to use it will be able to download it for free with the redeem code call1114.
The following is a great article on 'The 5 W's of an Encouraging Leader' by John Maxwell.
Another great way to build radical encouragement is by going on a negativity fast and positivity feast. The team and I are beginning our 40 day negativity fast this coming February for Lent. If you would like to join us you can find more details here.
I bless you on your journey of radical encouragement this new year!