Our annual 30 Day Declarations Experiment is starting on June 1. We have received some of our strongest testimonies from this event where we challenge people to do an “experiment” of making at least 100 declarations a day for a month.
Here are five powerful outcomes we believe you will experience from participating in this event:
1) You will learn how to inspire yourself more – Good sports coaches energize their teams with zeal and confidence through what they say. They cause their players to rise above past defeats, apathy, fear, and many other disabling attitudes. We too have the privilege of infusing ourselves with victorious tenacity through coaching ourselves with declarations. As we learn to inspire ourselves, we will have greater ability to inspire others. (To learn more about inspiring yourself, read my recent blog “Can You Inspire Others If You Cannot Inspire Yourself?”, here: http://ignitinghope.com/blog/inspiring-yourself).
2) You will become more convinced of the value of speaking life – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21). Those who love what? Those who love the revelation that “life is in the power of the tongue” will eat the fruit of their past words. When we believe our words actually create life, we will increasingly and purposely declare life-giving words to our circumstances, to others, and to ourselves.
3) You will increase your influence of others – There are many reasons this will happen. First, your favor will enlarge because you will walk more in your true identity as a child of God. Secondly, your declarations will increase your hope for others, which will ultimately expand your influence. (Remember, our hope level determines our influence level.) Lastly, you will further the Ezekiel 37 anointing of bringing life to dead-looking situations through declarative prophesy.
4) True strongholds will be demolished in your life – The greatest strongholds blocking the purposes of God are belief systems in the minds of Christians (2 Corinthians 10:4-5). In Judges 6, the future of the nation of Israel was locked up in the thinking in Gideon’s mind. As his strongholds of victimhood, pessimism, and insignificance were pulled down, the nation ultimately was saved. The beginning point of this demolition was when Gideon heard the angel’s declaration that he was mighty warrior (Judges 6:12). We are not to wait for an angel or anyone else to speak to us, but through declarations we can begin and sustain the process Gideon experienced – witnessing true strongholds crumble.
5) It will break you out of spiritual routine – Too often we don’t intentionally explore new aspects of Christian living. We do the same things every day, year after year, and wonder why things are not changing. You most likely have heard that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing continually and expecting a different result. The 30 Day Declarations Experiment is a great opportunity to break out of spiritual ruts and experience a new opportunity in your life.
We trust you will be blessed by this year’s Declarations’ Experiment and declare “freedom” over you. Please feel free to pass this blog on to others who would benefit from it.
ABOUT STEVE BACKLUND
Steve Backlund was a senior pastor for seventeen years before joining the team at Bethel Church in Redding, CA in 2008. Steve is a leader developer, joy activist, a revivalist teacher, and as Senior Associate Director, is a key part of the Global Legacy (a ministry of Bethel Church) leadership team. He travels extensively throughout the world encouraging churches and leaders and has authored a number of books.