Our team is excitedly preparing for our second annual Abounding Hope and Joy Conference, April 23-25, 2020 in Redding, CA. It is a time when many come from afar to be immersed in the message of joy and hope through the teachings of my wife Wendy and me.
“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).
This is one of my life verses. It tells us:
- God is a God of hope – There are no hopeless circumstances with Him. Years ago, I felt like the Lord said, “Steve, I give you permission to be hopeless about anything I am hopeless about.” Never once have I heard He is hopeless about something.
- We can supernaturally increase our hope level – The God of hope can fill us with hope.
- All joy and peace come with hope – When we are filled with true hope, joy and peace come as well. It’s a package deal!
- Our emotions are primarily the result of what we believe – We get filled with hope, all joy, and peace in believing. The moment we start believing truth, we start being filled by the God of hope. Increasing hope is the evidence that we are renewing our minds with truth instead of lies.
- The Holy Spirit will energize us to abound as we believe truth – God’s Spirit partners with our right beliefs to cause us to abound or overflow with hope. We are empowered to radically overcoming the lies that restrict our emotions and life experience.
The Abounding Hope and Joy Conference is not just a time for teaching, but a transformational experience designed to ignite momentum and equip you to live a life filled with joy and hope. The weekend will include:
- Incredible worship filled with encounter and victory in a joy-filled and encouraging atmosphere
- Nine sessions of Wendy and/or me teaching deeply on the renewing of the mind, hope, joy, declarations, laughing at lies, and more
- Practical keys for sustaining long-lasting breakthrough
- Igniting Hope team members sharing eight-minute hope injection teachings
This event is small enough (expected attendance is anywhere from 150 to 350) so that there is a personal connection with the Igniting Hope team (and possibly with Steve or Wendy) and the others who attend. Top off the weekend with a visit to Bethel Church on Sunday, and watch your hope levels grow even higher.
To give you a taste of what the experience will be like, here is a free audio download of one of the sessions from our 2019 conference. If you missed our conference last year, feel free to check out the full conference audio recording here.
Finally, here is a key to increasing your abounding in hope and joy: use your hope-level as your indicator of whether you are believing lies or truth. When you feel a lack of hope, ask “What must I believe to get hope in this area?” Then put these beliefs in your mouth and the Holy Spirit will start empowering you to abound in hope like never before. You can listen to this week’s podcast by clicking the button below.
ABOUT STEVE BACKLUND
Steve Backlund was a senior pastor for seventeen years before joining the team at Bethel Church in Redding, CA in 2008. Steve is a leader developer, joy activist, a revivalist teacher, and as Senior Associate Director, is a key part of the Global Legacy (a ministry of Bethel Church) leadership team. He travels extensively throughout the world encouraging churches and leaders and has authored a number of books.