I am excited about this blog. At the end of it, I have shared four prophetic words I am getting for the Igniting Hope family.
I have been so moved by Psalm 34 lately. I believe the whole chapter is a chapter for this hour, but especially verses one to four.
I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together.
I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears (Psalm 34:1-4).
I have highlighted verse three. “Oh, magnify the Lord with me.” When we magnify something, we make it appear bigger. The Psalmist David desired to create an environment with other people which would cause them to see God as bigger, greater, more powerful, and more faithful than ever before. Wow! What a desire. And it is amazing to realize that no matter how much we magnify Him, we will never get close to how big and great He really is.
Yes, we have the ability to magnify God, but we also have the ability to magnify our problems and make them bigger than they really are. This is what the ten spies did in Numbers 13. Their unbelief and unhealthy verbal processing of what they experienced caused their perception of the giants to be much bigger than they were, and it limited how much of God’s promises they experienced. As they enlarged the difficulties, it automatically made God smaller in their eyes. On the contrary, Joshua and Caleb magnified the Lord together and eventually entered into the Promised Land.
These habits will magnify your problems:
- Speak everything you feel
- Feed on bad news and the perspectives of pessimists
- Spend most of your time with people who have victim mindsets
These habits will magnify the Lord in your life:
- Fully participate in victory-based worship in song.
- Regularly meditate on, and speak, God’s promises.
- Consume testimonies of breakthrough, healing, deliverance, salvation, provision, and miracles. Downloading the Increase Testimony App on your smartphone will help greatly with this.
- Engage in deep fellowship with others where there is authenticity, discussing Scripture, prayer, and risk taking.
I believe those who are reading this are passionate to magnify the Lord, together with others. Igniting Hope Ministries is committed to helping you do so in a great way. My podcast on this subject will take you deeper into these truths.
As I pray over the Igniting Hope family, I am hearing these things for you:
- Someone is going to memorize the book of Galatians and start a whole new grace movement.
- The person you need could be easily overlooked (1 Samuel 16).
- Some of you are going to experience great empowerment from God to eat healthier than ever before. The last half of 2019 will be the healthiest of your life.
- Reformers like Josiah are being raised up from you in your natural and spiritual lineage who will far surpass anything you have done in your life, but you are the main reason they will do what they do.
ABOUT STEVE BACKLUND
Steve Backlund was a senior pastor for seventeen years before joining the team at Bethel Church in Redding, CA in 2008. Steve is a leader developer, joy activist, a revivalist teacher, and as Senior Associate Director, is a key part of the Global Legacy (a ministry of Bethel Church) leadership team. He travels extensively throughout the world encouraging churches and leaders and has authored a number of books.