I Prophesied and They Came to Life
Ezekiel partners his words with the Holy Spirit and brings supernatural life to dry bones. “The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones…He said to me, Prophecy to these bones, and say to them, “O dry bones hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: ‘Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.'”…So I prophesied…and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.”
Ezekiel could have concluded:
- Some situations are just too impossible, even for God.
- His words did not carry enough power to bring life back to dead places or people.
- The peoples’ sins and rebellion were too great and cut them off from God with no hope of restoration.
- The purpose of prophetic ministry is to diagnose the past experience of people or places, not to release transforming words.
- We have the power to create life with our words – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue. And those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21). Our words are our most powerful tool in releasing breakthrough and supernatural life into situations.
- There are no impossible situations – “Jesus said to him (the man with the demon possessed son), all things are possible to him who believes” (Mark 9:23). Every time we declare, ‘He can’ to our situation, it releases His life-giving power for breakthrough.
- We can expect to live a supernatural life – When we partner our beliefs, words, and actions with the Creator of everything, this partnership will produce supernatural breakthrough and life. “These signs will follow those who believe” (Mark 16:17).
Giving God Something to Work With
- Increase your speaking TO things in prayer (study the gospels and Acts for examples of this).
- Ask God how He sees “dead” areas in your life.
- Read Steve Backlund’s book, You’re Crazy If You Don’t Talk To Yourself.
Declarations to Create Higher Perspectives
My words bring life to impossible situations.
I carry the DNA of Christ, so WHEN I speak, circumstances shift.
I release God’s goodness to other people daily through my words.
This material was taken from the book, Higher Perspetives, written by Steve Backlund with Jared Neusch, featuring Jessed Cupp, Wendee Fiscus and Anna Flory.
About Higher Perspectives
God sees things from a higher perspective. In the Bible, we see many individuals that walked in a revelation of His point of view. Numbers 13 illustrates this when it tells the story of the twelve men sent to spy out the Promised Land. Ten come back with a “realistic” perspective of defeat and victimhood, while Joshua and Caleb come back seeing from God’s higher perspective and proclaim, “Let us go up at once. We are well able to overcome it!” Isn’t it fascinating that two groups of people can see the same set of circumstances but put different conclusions based on their perspectives? This is a book that studies the incredible, life-altering beliefs of some of our favorite Bible characters. Their supernatural perspective is an invitation for us to see and live as they did.