5 Life Changing Beliefs
by Steve Backlund
We can choose to believe something different once the truth has been revealed to us. This popular blog post from December 12, 2012 is a favorite among our readers and we decided to repost. Remember, we do not declare truths to convince others. We declare truths to convince ourselves.
- There is always a solution (I Corinthians 10:13) – The moment you speak this into a situation, there will be a spiritual shift.
- I will always know what to do (James 1:5-8) – The fear of not knowing what to do is a greater problem than not knowing what to do.
- I will always succeed at everything I do (Philippians 4:11-13) – God’s plan is to make us successful on the inside when we don’t appear successful on the outside. This is the pathway to influence and leadership. Success is a state of being, not a goal to be attained.
- I will always have the resources I need to do what needs to be done (Philippians 4:19) – God’s provision is more than financial, but He meets our needs abundantly in our emotions, protection, relationships, ideas and more.
- My past is always turned to good (Romans 8:28) – As we release our faith to this promise, God has the incredible ability to make every negative in our lives turn to a positive.
I suggest speaking these promises out loud regularly to establish them as core beliefs in your life. They truly are life-changing.
ABOUT STEVE BACKLUND
Steve Backlund was a senior pastor for seventeen years before joining the team at Bethel Church in Redding, CA in 2008. Steve is a leader developer, joy activist, a revivalist teacher, and as Senior Associate Director, is a key part of the Global Legacy (a ministry of Bethel Church) leadership team. He travels extensively throughout the world encouraging churches and leaders and has authored a number of books.