I am passionate about becoming more aware of the things of the Spirit and recognizing that I am more spirit than flesh. Romans 12:2 says that we are transformed by renewing our minds.
So let’s transform our lives by renewing our minds with who God says we are and what we can do through Him. Our minds have been trained to view life from the perspective of our past and as mere mortals. It is up to us to train our brains to see life from the perspective of the Spirit and view ourselves as resurrected beings.
“How precious is Your loving-kindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.” (Psalm 36:7-9)
Today, I am going to speak to my soul: Soul, you are beautifully created by God. God loves you and desires peace and joy for you. While emotions and intellect are not my identity, they are created to enhance my relationship with God and others. They can be changed with new beliefs or training and are not stable. Therefore, they are not the real me.
Soul, you will be happier as you come into unity with the Spirit.
Soul, today you will believe Psalm 36:7-9.
God is not trying to kill you but satisfy you and bring you fully alive.
Now let your spirit speak to your soul. Apologize if you have treated your soul as your enemy.
Allow God’s Spirit and yours, which are now one, to soothe your soul. Soul, you may trust in God’s goodness and love for you. You may trust that your spirit hears God and unifies your greatest good and perfect expression. Soul, you will no longer be punished and imprisoned by the body. You will be joyfully expressive of your new life in Christ. Soul, you will no longer be the judge of my life, circumstance or relationship. You will always ask the Spirit for His perspective. You will no longer make judgments about current events based on past experience. Soul, you will be attuned to the Spirit and the power of God.
You will rejoice in His salvation. You will make your boast in the Lord. Soul, you will be inspired by the Spirit to do things you have never done before. Limitations for creativity and wisdom are lifted. You are free from limitations of the past!
I would like to share some tools and tips for aligning yourself with heaven on earth in faith with great imagination.
1. Make private time to soak without any agenda just to be in God’s presence.
2. Imagine your body being completely at peace/rest.
3. See yourself as more spirit than flesh.
4. Let your expectancy to meet with God rise. Be confident and expectant that God is with
you. He will meet you and you can be in His presence. In Hebrews 4:16 “Come boldly to the throne.”
5. See yourself speaking with the Father and hearing what He is saying.
6. Experience His delight/pleasure for you as a son/daughter.
Tips for building a blessed mental stronghold throughout your day.
1. Identify a couple lies you are believing (Dig deeper with Steve Backlund’s book, Cracks in the
2. Share them out loud with yourself or a trusted friend. Then, laugh about it.
3. Identify the truth and declare it out loud (Dig deeper with Steve’s book on Declarations: Unlocking Your
4. Celebrate what God is showing you (Dig deeper in Living from the Unseen by Wendy Backlund).
5. Celebrate personal testimonies of breakthrough in any area of life.
6. Let your expectancy for new ways of believing to happen and be established (Dig deeper with
Steve Backlund’s book, Divine Strategies)
7. Spend a couple minutes every day imagine your new truth working in your life. What would it look like
if this were true? (Dig deeper with Wendy Backlund’s book, Living from the Unseen).
Coming November 2
Beginning November 2, 2015, Wendy is hosting an 27-day online journey called “Feasting on the Spirit.” Participants can sign up below to receive daily e-mails from Wendy on topics including “Giving My Spirit a Voice”, “Stop Acting and Start Believing”, and “The Power of Blessing.” Let your spirit journey in Heavenly places, transforming mind, soul, emotions, and body from the inside out. Be prepared to be transformed.